Date and Time
Saturday, October 7, 2023 from 10 AM – 3 PM
$10 per person as a fundraiser for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering
110 W Woodward Ave, Alhambra, CA 91801
You may sign up with a team or opt to be placed on a random team. There must be at least 2 active MBCLA members on each team.
Contact Ashley Ailes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand the current COVID situation is ever-changing. Currently, masks are optional, but we may revisit this as the situation changes.
We ask that anyone who is feeling symptoms or has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive to please stay home.
- No food or drink aside from water.
- Jewelry will not be permitted while playing, which includes but is not limited to rings, watches, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
- All participants must sign the consent form to play.
- All participants must wear athletic shoes to play.
- Be respectful to other players and the gym. Swearing or fighting may result in dismissal from the tournament.
(Rules subject to change until tournament day)
- First team to score 18 points or has the highest score at 12 minutes will win.
- Each team will have 1 30-second timeout per game.
- Games will have a running clock with the exception of timeouts.
- Baskets made from inside the arc will be 2 points. Baskets made outside the arc will be 3 points.
- If the game is tied at 12 minutes, there will be overtime.
- Pool play – There will be up to 2 minutes of overtime until one team scores 18 points. If after 2 minutes no team is at 18 points, the game is called as is (whoever has more points wins or tie game).
- Knockout games – There will be up to 2 minutes of overtime until one team scores 18 points. If after 2 minutes no team is at 18 points and it’s still tied, overtime continues in sudden death and the next basket will win.
- Championship game – Play until a team wins by 2.
- Teams will randomly be assigned who starts with the ball. The next jump ball after will be rewarded to the team that did not start with possession, and will go back and forth thereafter.
- The team who scored the last basket maintains possession of the ball.
- After a play where the ball is stopped (including made basket), the ball must be checked, which means you pass the ball to the opposing team and they give it back to you. Players should not be defended after the ball is checked before dribbling.
- After each possession, the ball must be cleared. In order to clear the ball, a player must have possession of the ball and both feet behind the 3-point arc.
- Substitutions may only happen during dead balls or timeouts.
- Refrain from stalling with the ball.
- Players will call their own fouls and which will result in repossession of the ball. MBCLA Recreation Committee members will be watching the games if there’s a dispute.